webuser_773873744

Removing asbestos - Is it me?

BBP BBP
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I am in the process of re-roofing my garage which currently has a corrugated asbestos roof.

The builder (who is very old school) wants to chop into the sheet in order to be able to carry on work until I can get the garage emptied and the contents no longer need weather protection from the roof.

I am worried about this because of the well publicised issues with asbestos dust. I would rather remove the sheets whole and plastic wrap them in accordance with the acceptance criteria published by the local recycling centre.

Should I accept the advice of the buidler (who is doing much of this work as a favour) or risk upsetting him by sticking to my guns and making him wait until I can take the sheets off whole? (He's already accusing me of going overboard on this, but I really want to do this properly and not get into trouble by not taking the risks seriously.)

Thanks any one especially who can offer professional advice on this.

It's OK, the builder knows what he's doing. Let him crack on.
Don't chop into the sheet. Remove whole and "do it right".

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.