ourhousemadeperfect

Are Quooker Tap Alternatives Worth It?

ourhousemadeperfect
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We are beginning to renovate a 1920s house (@ourhousemadeperfect) and are starting to look at kitchen fittings. One thing we have noticed is that there are cheaper alternatives to Quooker boiling taps but is it a case of you get what you pay for?

Comments (7)

• Daisy England
    2 years ago

I have a Qettle boiling water tap. I would not pay for the name Quooker. The Qettle still reaches the same temperature.

ourhousemadeperfect thanked Daisy England
  • Sarah U-S
    2 years ago

I have an old Quooker and it’s still working perfectly over 12 years later! However - my brother had a Qettle fitted in his kitchen a couple of years ago and it’s great! There are several types of hot taps available, but many work in different ways and are different temperatures (as Stephen mentions, the insinkerator is cooler), but the Qettle works in a very similar way to the Quooker and is definitely a boiling tap. If I was starting a fresh, I’m not sure I could justify the cost of the Quooker over the Qettle!

• ourhousemadeperfect
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thankyou Stephen, that's really useful to know.

• ourhousemadeperfect
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hi Sarah, thanks for your comments. Looking at the Quooker versus the Qettle, it looks like the Quooker has a better safety mechanism to prevent little hands turning on the boiling water by mistake. Would you agree?

• Sarah U-S
    2 years ago

Hi - I can’t really comment on the safety mechanism because my Quooker is now really quite old and the tap design is significantly different!! What I can say though is that my brother has a child and they have no issues with the Qettle, and on the couple of occasions I’ve used it, nothing shouted out to me as dangerous. Maybe see if you can view them both and see which you prefer?

• Daisy England
    2 years ago

The Qettle has a red clip that you put over the tap to prevent it being used. See my images below.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.