danni_emmett5

Revamp of a bungalow

Danni Emmett
2 years ago

Help! We have just had our bungalow painted white, which looks SO much better. I need some ideas with what to do with the front driveway to improve the country look? The tarmac is awful! Any suggestions are more than welcome! We live in a teeny tiny hamlet surrounded by beautiful thatched houses and countryside, so don't want to go ultra modern.

Comments (5)

• Sarah L
    2 years ago

I think gravel driveways work well with rural properties. You can install plastic grids to hold it in place (just got some for my back garden), and it comes in a variety of colours.

• Danni Emmett
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Is this your house? It’s beautiful. I’m contemplating digging up some of the tarmac at the front and making a flower bed to soften the front with some greenery/trellis plants. The gravel looks lovely.

• Sarah U-S
    2 years ago

Have you looked at resin? I think it can go over tarmac - and there are lots of really lovely coloured gravel options too.

On a different note (and please don’t take offence!) - I think the style of windows aren’t quite right - and certainly not for a country look.

• Danni Emmett
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Oh definitely not! I hate the windows. We only moved in, in December and we’re trying to do it up as cheap as we can at the mo. Replacing the windows is definitely on the agenda in the future! Only the front ones have the lead in and then the back are half upvc and half wood. It’s such a mish mash!

• Sarah L
    2 years ago

Hi Danni, no that isn't my house unfortunately. Flower beds are definitely a great idea.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.