webuser_289904866

Deck: Iroko thermawood, Iroko hardwood, or Millboard composite?

HU-289904866
2 years ago

I am going round in circles! Can anyone advise about pros and cons for these three decking options please? Is Iroko a good deck material - and does it make a difference to go for thermawood iroko? Not sure if Milboard would be a hasslefree alternative, but its not as beautiful. Any comments really appreciated, thanks!

Comments (4)

• Daisy England
    2 years ago

Iroko is good but what is thermawood iroko? Never heard of it.

• Sonia
    2 years ago

When I was looking at composite deck I found some bad reviews, mainly in America, which put me right off. Complaints are that it doesn’t last as long as manufacturers say and Trek are being sued over there. Iroko is lovely.

• HU-289904866
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you both for your thoughts :) I have been told that thermawood Iroko (from QTD) has more resilience and is therefore longer lasting - but I cant find another company for comparisons. Trying to decide if hardwood is a better option, and its more beautiful of course. But not sure if Iroko is good re noyt beingtoo slippy. If anyone knows, Id love to hear.

• Daisy England
    2 years ago

Hardwoods normally last longer than softwoods. Most decking has grooves already in it to prevent any slippery problems. Is it grooved or are you just planning on having standard timber?

Is it the colour of Iroko that you prefer?

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.