deborah_mitchell96

mock tudor house exterior renovation

Deborah Mitchell
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Buying a mock Tudor and brick house. Looking for ideas on what to do with the exterior? Do we keep the timbers and tone them back. Remove the timbers and plaster? What sort of windows - colours, style?

Comments (6)

• Jen
    2 years ago

What a fabulous, characterful house! Do you know when it was built? Toning down the beams is a possibility, perhaps to a paler green/grey, but I would not consider doing anything that fundamentally alters the external character.

Deborah Mitchell thanked Jen
  • Avril
    2 years ago

Sorry I know this is of no help, but I really like the look of the house as it is.
    It looks well kept and very attractive.
    Are surrounding / neighbouring houses similar? Or is this on its own?
    There are some very skilled people on here who maybe able to mock something up showing lighter paint or have other ideas.

Deborah Mitchell thanked Avril
  • annabellaamy
    2 years ago

It looks nice but if you want a change, you could paint the beams and windows in a very subtle shade of grey/sage and go with off white in between.

wellesley residence 1 - dpcb.09 · More Info

DC design show house 2011 · More Info

• rinked
    2 years ago

I love it as is!

But if you don't, perhaps this post might inspire: https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/6090267/i-want-to-remove-the-mock-tudor-look-and-render

• Sonia
    2 years ago

Love a mock Tudor house. Where I live there are several real Tudor properties that have had the beams painted taupe or palest grey and they look lovely, but if you decide to leave it as it is it will still look lovely.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.