caterinaxyz

direction of floorboards?

caterinaxyz

I'm looking for advice as to which way to run the floorboards in the design below. We are planning to run them lengthways from the front door to the steps down to open plan living/kitchen. However, should we then change direction so that the floorboards run with the length of the living kitchen area?

Comment (1)

Buildtech

Hi Caterina,

There is no right or wrong answer here, it is really up to personal preference.

However, we would recommend running the floorboards in each section in the same direction, lengthways as mentioned. This will give a nicer flow to the floor throughout and give both the sitting room and kitchen/living area a more spacious feel.

The next question to consider is the type of boards you want to use; is it a solid or laminate floor, what colour etc.? Again, these are all factors that may effect your decision.

We hope this helps! Of course, if you have any further questions on this or would like us to have a look to discuss further, please don't hesitate to get in contact. Thanks Caterina.

Kind regards,

Conor.

Buildtech