kellee_quinn_lynch

Edwardian Reno - Path ideas?

K Q
2 years ago

Hi!
I’d love to see your Edwardian or Victorian pathways at the front of your house. The grass on the right hand side is new and I don’t know whether to put grass on the other side too with cobbles or brighten it up with a light Italian slab for a more modern look.

Comments (4)

• kazzh
    2 years ago

I think the combination of grass and gravel looks good together. I fear the path to the front door looks too narrow, even with gravel strip alongside. I consider would only taking up the concrete path. If you could cut it into sections you could reuse it whilst adding some other stone, and re lay across the gravel path (from left to right) in a stepped fashion with gravel between slabs, until you get to the front door. It will give a more substantial look to the path. The gravel will still allow drainage for those wet days.

• K Q
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks Kazzh! The grass and gravel on the right are new but i got stuck when it came to what to do with the path and the other side now... the path and everything to the right is being lifted.. its just what to do with it. An Italian sandstone look or a more traditional cobble... ive hit checkmate lol

• Sonia
    2 years ago

I think a nice wide sandstone path would look lovely. I’ve never heard of Italian Sandstone but I had heard of Indian Sandstone. It comes in many colours.

• K Q
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Yeah I’m swaying towards this vibe. They’re the same thing tbh just a different name 🙌

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.