webuser_420979864

Lighting help for open plan kitchen/dining/snug

Scarlett Swallow
2 years ago

Hi,
I’m extending my Victorian semi. It’s ground floor is subterranean so it’s basically a basement/or similar to a terrace with no side windows, but has 5 velux in total and bifold doors to let in light.

I am struggling with deciding what to do with the lighting in it.

The kitchen we are having 3 tilt spotlights, led strip lighting in the 3 velux, extractor hood will also have a light in it. The right of the kitchen where the fridge will go and tall cupboards, there will be 2 standard spots.

This is as far as I’ve got!

I would love advice for:

• above island. Live pendants but structural beam is directly above it so ceiling height is just 225cm.
  • dining area opposite kitchen. This has no velux in it.
  • snug area by the bifolds. This is also our main entrance to the house as our parking is at the rear. This area has 2 velux and pitched roof.

The back of the house faces east and gets the morning sun until about 11, and the velux windows above the kitchen face south and get the sun until about 3pm.

Snug will generally be used in the day time as a play area for my young children.

Love some advice here!
Many thanks

I would love some advice for:

• above the island. Love pendants but the structural beam is directly above the island so ceiling height is low, just

I’m unsure what to do above the

This is the floor plan:

This is the floor plan:

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.