keima0

Help needed with Kitchen, Dining, Boot room and Utility placement

Keima Payton
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi

I am renovating the ground floor of my Victorian house and am just not sure that I am putting everything in the right place and whether I am wasting space.

We are a family of 5 so need lots of storage and I want an island in my kitchen (like the one shown which is a bit Plain English in design) but I can't help but think that the current design isn't maximising the space.

I have uploaded the gorgeous kitchen that has been designed (pre lockdwon) for the space (which is lovely but am I in love with it now?) and bootroom... and also the measurements and plans and elevations etc so that you can see the entire area (even a bit of the granny annex).

We are making the lounge a smidge smaller (which is shown on the plan with pink) to open up the hallway. The downstairs loo will be a shower room and you wont be able to see into that room when the wall is moved as we will slightly change the door so it doesnt provide a line of sight to the loo.

The formal lounge/family room will remain as it is - not really sure what to do with this room really! THe lounge is alread very formal and the idea was to make a kids lounge in the extension... which hasnt really happened.

So we are building an extension (planning approved) to open up the kitchen/diner and I definately want a utility room and a boot room just not sure that these are in teh best place. We tend to come in the side door near the annex (the bifold doors) but that is likely to be because the front door is a bit stiff and big. That will be changed when we renovate the downstairs.

Any thoughts, help, ideas appreciated...

Thank you!

Kitchen designed for space

Kitchen showing utility room (dooe open as otherwise its hidden)

Dining room - boot room to left double doors to hallway and stairs

As above but with cabinet open

Boot room looking towards dining table

We are moving the garage forward... this is the existing layout with new garage layout

Internal walls in pink - showing reduction in lounge and space when extension built

This has the measurements of all the rooms

Side elevation but flipped (not sure why)

Side elevation from where garage will be

Showing roof of extension

Front of the house with garage in new location

Comments (13)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.