ayeshaazra

Reluctant to remove attractive fireplace though living space is needed

Tinklebell 208
2 years ago

Hello fellow Houzzers!

This is my first post so hope to get your views especially those of regular contributor ’rinked’ if at all possible!

We’ve decided to remove the chimney breast/fireplace to create a bigger living space (family of 5) and change the seated view from the neighbours fence to overlooking the garden (once sofas are moved to where the fireplace is currently located). This decision was based purely on space and on the awkward shape of the room which only gives us 1.5 walls to furnish. That being said, we appreciate that the fireplace is a handsome focal point of the room and it just seems such a shame to get rid of it.

Before we press ahead with our decision, does anyone have any magical suggestions that could twist our arm into keeping the fireplace?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments (15)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.