hzdeleted_46122870

Restoring metal pigeon holes

User
2 years ago

I'm erring towards a good clean, wire brush and seal, but husband says rust treat and spray. Want to get it right, I've invested a whole £2.20 in this baby!! Anyone want to dive in with their two penneth worth?

Comments (2)

• Sonia
    2 years ago

I don’t know if you ever watch Salvage Hunters but the guy on it would love that pigeon hole unit. He usually keeps everything as natural to its original state as possible.

• Jonathan
    2 years ago

I think it depends on what you want the end result to look like and what you are going to use it for.

Personally I don’t like the rust and I think there is a danger it could leave a mark on shoes or whatever you decide to store in it.

So I agree with hubby that it needs to be rust treated then painted. There are some all in one paints for this job and I think it would look fab in a punchy colour. If you like the industrial look consider painting it with a metallic paint and sponging a second colour to create a mottled effect.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.