webuser_840615299

Textured wallpaper in upper panels?

HU-840615299
2 years ago

Finished painting walls, they look smart and fresher but feel it's a bit sharp and cold...
Would walls be improved with a plain colour textured wallpaper, eg silk effect or natural seagrass? I'm hoping this will add a sophisticated but cosier dimension, fear it might look old fashioned...?
Carpet and sofas being replaced for similar cream/natural alternatives, frames/art to add either side of window, ones either side of tv may be changed as these feel a bit cold. Shutters and feature fireplace mantel to add also.
Coffee table and 4x coat of arms pictures to stay.
Inspired by heritage type looks of oka and neptune, but also like freshness of the white company (though so much white not practical with 3 young ones!)
Opinions on textured wallpaper idea much appreciated as I have always shyed away from using paper due to 'pattern fatigue!' Will try and upload some images. Please excuse mess and photo bombing kids

Comments (5)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.