libby_drew

Small en-suite: what would you do?

Libby Drew
2 years ago

Hi helpful Houzzers, we are just renovating our 60s chalet bungalow and are creating a spare room and ensuite shower room for my parents when they come to stay. It’s a narrow small space, originally a little toilet, and we are adding a shower and a small vanity sink unit. The dimensions are around 3 m x 1 m. It does have a sizeable window above the toilet so lots of natural light. We are going with quite a minimal Danish 60s look throughout the house so quite a lot of block colours and simple angular furniture. Given that it’s such a small space I’m tempted to keep the ensuite very light and bright, using white or off-white tiles. I would love to get some design ideas of how to make it more interesting though. We’ve thought about herringbone white tiles and keeping with that era, but possibly big block white tiles would suit our Danish style more? I hope to invest in a nice backlit mirror to bring yet more light yet space-saving. Would love to hear ideas for making it not too bland or neutral, thinking of apricot or plaster of Paris colour wall paint and a few statement plants to bring a bit of warmth.

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.