fiona_morrison25

Paint colour suggestions for open plan kit/dining/living room

Fi Mo
2 years ago

I had some helpful advice before on paint choices when we first moved in to our new home but now that we have our new kitchen nearly finished and the rest of the area nearly ready to paint I wondered if anyone with a better eye could inspire me as to the best colours to use. I don't know if it is better to do the living room a different colour to define the space a bit and keep the kit/dine area white (any recs for North facing would be great, kit North facing and living room south) or paint the whole area in a light sand/taupe type colour? Or whether I should go bolder and put a deeper colour somewhere. I'm conscious that the rooms are long and slightly narrow as opposed to square so don't want to draw attention to that too much which is why I thought keep it light with colourful rugs, accessories etc. Our new sofa will be tan leather and our flooring will be Amtico Dry Cedar.

Comments (5)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.