kellyapte

Heritage aluminium doors and windows - double glazed? draft-proof?

kellyapte
2 years ago

We want a

garden room and would love something a little difficult to the normal styles with upvc doors and windows. We love the heritage black aluminium style doors like 1930s. But we don't know enough about the u value of them, their draft-proofing ability and if you can get double glazed ones of them. They always look so slim that they don't look double glazed. We just don't want to buy asthetically pleasing doors and windows but that are drafty when we're working in the garden room in colder weather. We want a double door and one long window. Here's hoping you can advise. Thank you in anticipation.

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Chameleon Decorators & Windows Restoration
    2 years ago

You can use slim profile, vacuum double glazing units to install double glazing into your doors. The FINEO vacuum glass has 6.7 mm thickness, so almost the same thickness as single glazing https://chameleon-decorators.co.uk/fineo-glass/ 

• kellyapte
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you all. I've had to go with regular upvc window and French doors in the end. Looks great though with the fibre cement cladding.

• PRO
    Expert Joinery Ltd
    2 years ago

Please contact our technical department on 01322921300 to discuss options as the team provide Forster profile systems and ultimate glazing solution with ULTIMATE SWISSSPACER which are 10% warmer than standard unit.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.