webuser_71660

Non thermostatic shower/bath mixer help

Tani H-S
2 years ago

Morning all!
We had a beautiful brushed gold shower fitted - exposed with a bath filler tap on it.
Didn't realise at the time that it wasn't thermostatic and now need to change it so it doesn't scald anyone 😞
I can't find the same type of thing in brushed gold and have seen some black ones which will kind of ruin the look but it's a last resort.
So I'm asking if anyone has any clever ideas plumbing wise for making it work (we can add a thermostatic control in the back pipework but that means the bath won't even be hot enough as it will be set to 38degrees) would a wireless one work?
or knows of a thermostatic one
Thank you

Comments (4)

• Sarah U-S
    2 years ago

Are you looking to simply replace what you have, or are you happy to consider fittings that sit within the wall (and then re-tile). Lusso Stone have some nice fittings and they do a set with a bath tap - but it’s not an exposed set up. https://www.lussostone.com/showers-c6/shower-sets-c24/luxe-brushed-gold-3-way-thermostatic-shower-with-handheld-shower-bath-spout-p1345

• Sarah U-S
    2 years ago
  • Tani H-S
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hi Sarah!

Thanks for the links 😁

It would have to be similar as I can't re-tile due to timescales and materials.

I've actually seen the black version of that second lusso one last night on amazon but it was 1/3rd of the price. Makes me wonder if its copied or just made in China like all the others and lusso just sell it? 🤔 🙈

Not find a gold version as yet so will put it on my list. I guess it will come down to cost in the end ie gold vs black as black are a lot cheaper.

My shower is so pretty so I'm gutted 😩

• Sarah U-S
    2 years ago

Yours definitely looks nicer!

I’ve not used Lusso Stone myself - although very nearly did a couple of years ago. I really like their inset - sets (like the first one), but in the end I went for a less pretty Grohe set because of price and known reliability. To be fair though, I only ever saw good reviews of Lusso…. (Haven’t looked recently though!).

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.