webuser_739250480

Tile colour suggestions for rustic kitchen

HU-739250480
2 years ago

I am refreshing my kitchen on a budget and would welcome ideas particularly with the tiling.

There are three walls with low-level units and the fourth has doors to a pantry and boiler room. Floor is slate, pine cabinets are staying but may get painted one day, new worktop is more of a slate grey colour. Curtains are staying. The left and top black beams around the cooker are going. It is a light room with decent sized windows facing south-east and south-west. It has a pitched roof. Some appliances are white, some steel grey. The walls are mostly painted brick so quite uneven (it's an old cottage!). I was thinking of painting the walls a lighter cream than the current colour.

I would like to put a row of rectangular tiles all around the worktop as a sort upstand type effect and then need something behind the cooker to form a splash back. Would pale cream tiling work with the white appliances and also white windows and sills or maybe I should stick with a more pronounced cream? I don't need it to be statement as the curtains provide that colour hit :-).

All feedback welcome.

Comments (10)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.