factbasedbadgerinatutu

Which chairs to pair with an old antique kitchen table?

We've got hold of a kitchen table not too dissimilar to this:
https://for-sale.used-secondhand.co.uk/media/used/secondhand/images/14319/antique-traditional-period-english-oak-side-hall-table-hereford/600/oak-hall-table-769.jpg
... In a small recently renovated country house. Grey kitchen cupboard doors, quarry tiles.
I don't have any matching chairs and from looking at design ideas I can see that people choose to typically do one of the following:
1) try and buy match chairs - I'm not convinced I'd do this well or find them easily and it'll just look mismatched.
2) go for a collection of mismatched kooky looking chairs all different from each other. Again, not sure this works in reality but looks fine in mags!
3) contrast totally and go with some ultra modern different chairs! Like a white Eiffel chair. Or a wire chair in black or something.
Has anyone got any more ideas for the 3rd approach? I'm swamped with looking at trendy modern chairs but tbh I'm not sure any more what type of ones would look nice against that old style of oak table.
Anyone got any better ideas?
(Budget doesn't matter much)

Comments (6)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.