gwyneth_farleigh

Is micro cement safe for a kitchen surface with food

Gwyneth Farleigh
2 years ago

I would like to install a micro cement kitchen counter top but I'm concerned it might not be safe (because of the chemicals it contains) when food comes in contact with it.

Comments (3)

• Daisy England
    2 years ago

I never prepare food direct on any worktop to save any damage. Can you just use a chopping board?

• Ana Flannagan
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

In my opinion, it's essential to ensure the safety of your cooking environment. I've been researching this myself, and from what I've found, micro cement can be safe for kitchen surfaces as long as it's properly sealed. The chemicals in it shouldn't be a problem once it's cured and sealed.

I love cooking too! And my kitchen has seen some better times. But lately, I've been ordering stuff like beef bone broth online. As for me, it's a game-changer - saves time and keeps the kitchen cleaner. So, don't worry too much about the micro cement. Just make sure it's sealed correctly, and you should be good to go.

• Jonathan
    2 months ago

I don’t understand why anyone would choose a cement worktop when there are so many Quartz with a concrete look and feel. Quartz is fit for purpose and will come with a guarantee of upto 25 years.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.