nikihutch

Living room paint colour help!

nikihutch
2 years ago

Hi, I need some help with paint colours for my living room - shall I go bold or go neutral?!
It’s a double aspect East & West room with floor to ceiling windows on both E&W walls.
This is proving challenging with colour. It’s currently painted white. I have painted F&B Cornforth White on the alcoves on either side of the chimney breast but it looks lilac on one alcove & grey/mushroom on other alcove. I have been asked if I’ve painted it 2 different colours!!
Also my kitchen is dark blue/grey/white & the front room is off this room (Dulux Rock Salt appeared lilac in this room so it’s now Dulux white!).
I want to keep a ‘flow’ from the kitchen so I have steered away from greens (clashing?), & dark blue as I feel this would be too much.
Colours I have considered are F&B downpipe & Lick neutrals range. Also im thinking of painting alcoves & built-in units one colour & rest of room another.
Pink carpet being replaced with beige/neutral carpet & new white skirting board will be fitted.
Any opinions gratefully received!!

Comments (10)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.