webuser_162228792

Carpet or Luxury vinyl in kids bedrooms?

Alice K
2 years ago

I love the cozy feel of a carpets in bedrooms but it feels like carpet in bedrooms is going out of fashion? Also in kids bedrooms it feels more practical to have luxury vinyl as it's softer and warmer to touch?

Comments (4)

• Sonia
    2 years ago

Carpets are not out of fashion and I agree they are cosy underfoot. However young children can be a little messy sometimes so vinyl would be an excellent choice. You can always add a rug so that they have somewhere soft to play on.

• FM Lorenzo
    2 years ago

We have just moved into a house that has LVT in all the bedrooms. I was planning to immediately lay carpet but it’s actually super practical, especially in the kids’ room. As Sonia says, I’ve bought some rugs that they can sit on to play which works really well.

• Wumi
    2 years ago

I strongly dislike carpet, so another vote for LVT. I switched out carpet for laminate in my little one's room - the amount of things that have ended up on the floor - I'm glad I did! A cosy washable rug is a nice addition.

• sugarbowl17
    2 years ago

Yep I agree, we’ve recently moved and with 2 young boys will be fitting rubber / vinyl in the whole of the upstairs - add rugs, boom! X

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.