webuser_392303500

Your help please - kitchen layout advice!

Anna
2 years ago

We're in the process of getting plans for creating an open plan kitchen diner at the back of our mid Victorian terrace. We want to have the kitchen doorway where it is so you can see straight through to the back garden. The challenge is where best to put the downstairs WC. Unfortunately it can't go under the stairs as all our fuse boxes/gas meters are there. I prefer Option 1 as it gives us the best layout for the kitchen units, but conscious that a WC door into a kitchen isn't ideal. Option 2 & 3 mean the WC door is off the hallway, but we have to sacrifice a lot of the space for kitchen units.

Would love to know your thoughts - would you mind a WC off the kitchen? Any tips to make it more private / sound proofed?! Thanks for any thoughts / advice!

[In the diagrams - grey boxes are the kitchen units & island, blue box is the WC room, green box is the laundry cupboard for the washing machine.]

Layout Option 1
Layout Option 2
Layout Option 3

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.