laura_spacie

Slimline framed windows or glazing - recommendations for Manchester?

Laura Spacie
2 years ago

Hello and help!

My kitchen renovation is due to start end of July. But the supplier I originally had for my windows has gone AWOL so I need to look for someone new and fast.

I'm looking for slimline black frame windows and a fixed lightwell in a similar look.

Here's a photo as an example.

I live in the Manchester area. Does anyone have any good recommendations? Thank you.

Comments (4)

• Daisy England
    2 years ago

Sorry i can’t help with recommendations in your area but if your project is due to start at the end of July I doubt you will get the windows in time.

There is a big shortage of glass at the moment and the waiting time in our area is one month from all major glass suppliers.

I wouldn’t waste any time finding someone. Good luck

• Laura Spacie
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hi, sorry should've clarified. The first the works start for demolition and structural works in July. The stage where the windows should be fitted in is actually late August/early september. Should have explained a bit more!

• Daisy England
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

That’s good to hear. Don’t delay because there is a chronic shortage of glass

• Laura Spacie
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks for this tip, really useful. i found AliView they seem good at responding to queries and good lead time. still waiting on a quote, anyone recommend them?

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.