webuser_636389795

Which kitchen window size do you prefer ?

Lawrence Meakins
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi,

Been amazing forum and one of last things need to do is decide on window size above kitchen sink, we are going 1050mm from the floor which gives us 50mm above the splash back we are using. Our ceilings are quite high at 2600mm so have chosen to go for 2300mm high tall units so as not to leave too big gap at top (other option was 2120).

I have been playing with couple of planners and neither of them have the exact sizes of units we are going for but give a pretty good representation of final design. The dilemma is the window size which will be centered on a 50cm sink, is going to be white aluminum, hinged at top opening outwards. The architect specified a 900mm wide and 1200mm high window and said that would be good proportions, seems a bit tall and thin, was tempted to go a bit wider, below are three pictures, first is 900mm wide by 1200mm high (the window lines up with cabinets in actual design but online planner I have didn't have the exact sizes, there is an island going in front so not sure if will ever really notice that):

Second is with wider window 1100mm wide by 1200mm high:

Third is splitting the difference at 1000mm wide and 1200mm high:

What do people prefer, we are torn, be great to get some peoples thoughts as block work starts Tuesday so is decision time !

Many thanks,

Lawrence

Comments (21)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.