lizzie_hudson

Small garden design help

Lizzie Hudson
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi there, I'm looking for some design advice for my small garden.

It's 3.7m wide by 9m long. (4m wide at its widest part - see drawing)

Currently has a decked area (4m wide by 2.6m deep). I'd like this removing and replacing with patio, in the very least. It used to have bannisters which have been removed.

I have a tree which is 1.8m from the back wall, and 1.1m from the right-hand fence. It has to stay put. The tree is causing me angst in designing a garden layout.

Need access to back gate. Small bin store is required at the end of garden - currently screened on the left with a trellis.

I love plants and flowers and love the cottage look.

Not adverse to completely removing the lawn, although I do like to see the green from the kitchen window. Cannot be artificial - if there is a lawn, please let it be real. Stepping stones or path not essential as I only walk to the backgate once a week in winter time (wet weather). I hate block paving so that has to go!

Photograph of current garden (please ignore lawn, mower broken!) Chest of drawers at end of garden is awaiting a tip run. Area behind tree (no man's land is really bothering me. This used to have a cement hardstanding and a shed but recently removed. Do not require shed as now using garage.

I've done a design sketch, but feel it is so uninspiring. Also attached is a sketch of the garden as it is now.

Any suggestions and advice would be wonderful.

Thank you.

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.