webuser_71660

Curtains above a radiator? Long or short?

Tani H-S
2 years ago

I have two bedroom windows - one is a bay window and the other, a straight window.
Both have large radiators under them so now I'm struggling to know what curtains to use.
The one room currently has venetian blinds which I'm removing as they get too dusty, block light out and aren't blackout. I prefer long curtains but they would block the radiator and as I'm renting the room out, that's not ideal. Also take up floor space due to the curve bay.
Would you go for ones that fit into the alcove? Perhaps just add long ones either side for effect??
I will also add a sheer curtain for privacy in pure white.
- second room had a roller blind but the window is not square so it too let lots of light in. Want the remove it and put curtains but again, should I cover the rad.??

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.