rhian_foley

Water gushing over gutter from new loft conversion

Rhian Foley
2 years ago

When it rains heavily water gushes out of the gutter from our new loft conversion flat roof into, and over, the existing gutter on the first floor level. Is there anything that can be done to remedy this?

Comments (3)

• Daisy England
    2 years ago

I guess it depends on the downpour. I’ve had a similar problem with mine when it has been absolutely hammering it down for a long time. It‘s sometimes the fact that it’s raining so heavy that the guttering can’t take it away fast enough. Make sure the gutter is clear of leaves so it can empty the water.

• PRO
    MBH Carpentry and Joinery Ltd.
    2 years ago

It looks to me that the guttering is too low on the main roof, The shoe on the down pipe could be angled slightly so the water drains off the tiles not directly over the top of the other guttering and maybe change the lower gutter to deep flow so it can take a greater amount of water for when it rains heavier.

• PRO
    Kingfisher Designs
    2 years ago

maybe if you add another curved end to the down pipe to focus the flow down into the original pipe?

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.