nskingle

Creative layout thoughts needed!

Nic Stanford
2 years ago

Hi all

If anyone has a brainwave about layout of our lounge I would love to hear it. The main challenge is that the focal point of the fireplace is at one end and placing of sofas around a TV that you can see and keeps a connection with the focal point is proving challenging. Some of my thoughts below and the reasons they don't work:

1. sofa quite far away from the fireplace but feels ok. However - sun is right on the TV even on an overcast day and I don't want to constantly have the curtains closed. Loses storage space (sideboard is currently where the armchair is - the chair intended to create a sort of sub focal point...)

2. feels quite cosy and connected to fireplace, but not enough seating space (we need at least 5 seats) and hard to find a sofa that fits! Sun on TV.

Originally the room was the other way with the sofa facing the window and the TV between window and french doors,and sideboard to the right of the internal door. It has a nice big space (dance floor) but feels more disconnected from the fireplace, possibly because the heavy furniture is all against the same wall.

The light coloured thing is a guinea pig cage which needs to stay in this room.

I realise there is no right answer, merely making the best of an awkward shape. I feel I have been through most permutations but fresh eyes might help!

thank you

Comments (7)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.