webuser_710113432

Help with layout please rear extension

Charan Bhogal
2 years ago

Hi All,

We are little stuck on how to best layout our rear extension. Currently we have a conservatory which the winter is too cold and in the summer it becomes unbearably hot.

It sounds simple, knock down the conservatory and build a nice new extension. However, our dilemma is that we only have 1 bathroom which is situated downstairs as per floorplans.

Initially, we wanted to have moved the bathroom to the rear of the extension (right) so we could have a window etc... but this causes a little problem as be right in the new area of lounge / dining ...Help!

We just dont know what to do... the architects that have come over have all said its an unusual layout one which they have not come across before...which to me is little odd. We have 3 bedrooms upstairs and 2 kids... so we dont want to move the bathroom upstairs - maybe 1 day but not right now with this build.

Here is the current layout of our house...question to you all is ... what would you do ? any suggestions? please note that the conservatory is actually the length of the house -

CONSERVATORY 6.55m x 2.59m (21'6" x 8'6")

Thanks in advance...looking forward to your comments!

Comments (20)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.