annavall

Small bathroom layout options

annavall
2 years ago

Hi there,

I am now finally planning to book in a full reno of our main bathroom, but I'm a bit stuck on the layout.

We will be knocking through the separate wc and bathroom into one, they are tiny as is so it will never be a huge room, but should give us at least the space to be more than one person in there at a time! I have included some photos of the current horridness below, the stairs down come up to the right, right in front of the bathroom door, so the main reason for why we want to block that door up.

Option 1

Move the bath (or shower instead) to the right, block that doorway, keep toilet in same place and install sink in the middle. Keep door opening on the left. I feel this will give the most "flow", and saves a bit of structural work. There is a small window on the right wall, we might block it as it's Northeast facing so pretty dark anyway. This option means the opening continues to look straight on to the toilet, but as this is the landing (and it's what we're used to) I'm not too concerned. Sink in the middle also allows for a mirror above.

Option 2

This would mean closing both of the current doors, and creating a new door in the middle. We can extend the wall on the left out a bit allowing space for a bath with shower over, and the toilet/sink would move to the right side. My main concerns are extra structural work, and also the door cutting off the room a bit in the middle (we had this in a previous house).

I would love some pros/cons - or indeed if there is something I have missed!

Thank you

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.