natasha_white48

Cabinets either side of fireplace - new purchase

Natasha White
2 years ago

Newly purchased flat in Victorian conversion and looking to install cabinets either side of the fireplace in the living room - there will be a gap for a TV on one side. The aim is to create a little more storage space as well as adding character to the room. We haven’t moved in yet so it’s the perfect opportunity to plan out and budget for what is/isn’t possible with the space (I’d also like to convert it to a wood burner).

1. the depth is shallow either side - is this possible to do with that depth? Would it look strange to have the cabinets coming further into the room than the fireplace?
  2. is this a worthwhile project? As you can see there are already bookshelves there but they feel like “dead space” and I don’t think the room feels homely and together
  3. any ideas on cost for a project like this would be much appreciated as I’ve never taken on something like this and would love to do it but need to have a good idea what to budget for and what’s possible

I’ve attached a photo of the room itself (blue and white carpet), as well as some photos of what aesthetic I’m aiming for eventually!

Thanks!

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.