fortune777

Will travertine floor tiles take the weight of an acrylic roll top bat

fortune777
2 years ago

My wet room has what looks like travertine floor tiles (but I doubt they were expensive) which are waterproof and easy to clean. However, I am desparate to have a small roll top bath with cast iron feet but I am worried that the weight of an acrylic or resin bath will crack the floor tiles. Is there some kink of support mat I can use or check weight allowance on these tiles?

Comment (1)

• Becky M
    2 years ago

I have an acrylic roll top that rests on regular porcelain floor tiles. The builders who installed it said it wouldn't be a problem and 3 years down the line that's certainly looking like it's true. Its an extra long and deep one and my partner and I are...portly. so plenty of weight there when full and no cracking at all. You mentioned cast iron feet though. I don't think mine are, I think it is a lighter weight metal. I think most acrylic baths don't have cast iron feet?

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.