clare_gammon91

Last min dilemma...Sliding door or Slide & Fold Door?!

Ardvark
2 years ago

Hi! I have a kitchen/side return extension in progress and will have a flush threshold patio door measuring 3.7m wide x 2.3m high. My focus has been on achieving a minimal frame sightline so I have gone with a 2 pane slim aluminium sliding door but too many of my friends are questioning why I would want a pane of glass obstructing half the door width and say I should have bifolds instead! I originally avoided bifolds because of the chunkier sightlines when closed, but now I see there are options for a slide & fold door (i think that's the term?!) where the panes move separate to one another and allows a slimmer frame. Does anyone know what I am talking about and have any suggestions for companies that offer this type of door with narrow sightlines?! Id want a max of 3 panes only. I got some info from Sunseeker (5 panes) but have since heard their customer service isnt great and their warranty is only 5yrs! Has anyone had experience with Frameless Glass Curtains Ltd in Kent? I am based in East Sussex. Thank you!

Comments (14)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.