sally_harrison68

ip44 bathroom globe pendant lighting

LTS
3 years ago

Hi I’m looking for opaline globe pendants to go above my vanity, ideally no bigger than 13cm in circumference. Anyone know any websites that sell ip44 or ip65 lighting? Have been looking for days!! Thank you.

Comments (35)

• minnie101
    3 years ago
  • LTS
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks minnie I’d seen them but had to discount sadly due to the price as need 2 (& this ensuite is costing a small fortune).

These are the ones I will probably get if I can’t find any others https://www.lightingcompany.co.uk/festival-ip65-ceiling-pendant-polished-chrome-clear-globe-shade-p30296

• minnie101
    3 years ago

They’re not the cheapest. It’s so hard to find bathroom lights, mine are the previous owners still! I like the ones you‘ve found though and a good price

The ensuite will be worth it though!

• LTS
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I could get them as a joint Father’s Day / birthday present for my husband :) I wish I’d stuck to wall mounted pendants...way more choice!

• LTS
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I’ve just sent the link to my husband...let’s see what he replies with, lol. He may just say get them as we have our youngest 2 isolating, a new puppy & builders upstairs!!

• minnie101
    3 years ago

😂 I’ve passed off something for the house as a present to my husband before! Ah no, poor you, that must be absolute chaos. I‘ve got someone putting several lights up atm, I thought they’d be simple bar one (long drop over a galleried landing!) and I couldn’t have been more wrong 😂

do we get a puppy pic?!

• LTS
    Original Author
    3 years ago

He hasn’t acknowledged my link & I’ve forgotten to ask him when he’s surfaced out of his office.
    I hope your lights are up now & looking amazing. Always the way when you think a job will be simple!

• minnie101
    2 years ago

Did you have any luck with the lights?!

yes the lights are up, albeit now with holes in the ceilings because someone in their wisdom had hung solid brass lights from either laths or just plaster..... why does one simple job always turn into something else?! Oh and my brand new carpet had to come up 😂

• LTS
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I think I will order the clear globe ones. I would have preferred opaline but the clear ones are nice.
    Yay the lights are up but now you need to get someone to fill the holes? Is the carpet laid back down ok?We need to desqueak our floorboards in the side extension that was erected 20+ years ago. The kids bedrooms upstairs (carpet) & the playroom downstairs (karndean) creak badly...drives me mad!! 😆

• LTS
    Original Author
    2 years ago

The lights arrived & are going back. On with the search....more hours to waste! 😂

• minnie101
    2 years ago

I don‘t know why but I don’t seem to get notifications from you (nor do you have a posting history or activity?!)

What a pain 😢 What’s up with the clear lights and I’ll see if I can find any others?

• LTS
    Original Author
    2 years ago

That’s strange I have no posting history! Houzz glitch maybe?

The pendants aren’t glass (I didn’t realise) & they aren’t finished nice. 15cm also look a bit too big against the 65cm mirror. I’ve emailed the builder asking if we could perhaps go for an illuminated mirror instead & a couple of extra spots in the ceiling or there are these pendants I’ve found but they are fixed LEDs so I’m not sure which is the best option.

https://www.dusklights.co.uk/astro-kiwi-ip44-led-bathroom-pendant-light-in-chrome-p5422

• minnie101
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

It’s very odd!

are these too funky? Or wrong finish, won’t fit etc?! I don’t know what the quality is like though.

I like the Astro ones and a good price.I obviously can’t see previous posts (!) but am I right in thinking you’re having feature tiling behind the vanity and mirror?

https://www.made.com/nayla-bathroom-pendant-light-antique-brass-opal-glass

• LTS
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks minnie my friend has those pendants but the quality isn’t the best either apparently. I have chrome taps/shower & then black handles on the vanity. I’m doing similar to this photo with the same mosaic tiles but a different vanity. The walls have been plastered but we could still run power for an illuminated mirror as the mosaic tiles will cover where the channeling would be. The mosaic strip won’t be wide enough to house wall lights & I don’t want to encroach into the toilet or bath space either side of the vanity. think it’s either the Astro pendants (hopefully the quality is good!) or an illuminated mirror as they’re back tomorrow so need to crack on. Thanks so much for all of your help minnie it has been much appreciated 😊

• LTS
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Oops forgot the pic!

• LTS
    Original Author
    2 years ago

• minnie101
    2 years ago

I did wonder.. the pics look great! Will look fab once done.

I like the Astro ones, I think they’re a good make? I also came across these Kyoto ones by them which could work although appreciate not the style you’re after?!

• LTS
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks Minnie I’m glad the Astro ones are deemed to be a good make. These are all the ones I’ve found so far. I would prefer dimmable so think that leaves just Ottavino, Jarra & possibly Mullan (need to double check) in the running. Actually I think I’ll go with the Ottavino ones as they’re Astro so a good make & won’t take too long to arrive. What shape mirror would you go for? I was going to go for round but think that as the pendants are long a mirror like in the pic would be better?

Astro Kiwi
    Astro Kiwi IP44 LED Bathroom Pendant Light in Chrome - Fitting & Style from Dusk Lighting UK

Astro Ottavino
    Astro Ottavino Bathroom Pendant Light in Polished Chrome

Astro Kyoto
    https://www.lights2go.co.uk/shop-by-product-c34/pendant-lights-c8/astro-1060004-kyoto-bathroom-pendant-light-white-opal-s-p29703

Mullan Bo
    https://www.westonebathroomsonline.com/product/bathrooms-lighting/bathrooms-pendant-lighting/bo-pendant-light/

HiB Peak Pendant
    HiB Peak Pendant LED Ceiling Light

HiB Summit
    HiB Summit Pendant LED Ceiling Light

Jarra
    https://www.lampandlight.co.uk/modern-hanging-lamp-black-ip44-jarra

• LTS
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Strange that some of the links didn’t post properly...I copied & pasted in one go from the notes on my iPhone! Last question, do you have any idea what colour paint the walls are in the bathroom pic I am copying? Thank minnie 😊

• minnie101
    2 years ago

I really like the ottavino. I‘ve done a poor mock up of an oval shaped mirror (in 2 sizes!) and I have to say the pill/lozenge shape is my favourite. I’m not sure they’re that easy to find though 😞

Hard to tell with paint colours, the first pic is confusing me as the “borders” on the side are off putting. It does look a bit like ammonite in the 2nd pic but only in certain lights!

• LTS
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Sorry been away for a bit as my eldest has an inset day today. That’s fab minnie the pill/capsule mirror definitely looks the best shape to compliment the line of the pendants. It’s all coming together now. Appreciate all of your help as always 😊

• minnie101
    2 years ago

Now just to find the mirror! I used a Heal’s one which I saw ages ago but not sure if the sizing is correct

• LTS
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Yes another challenge! Love the Heal’s one but the size is either too big & too small! Have found one at Victoria Plumb but it doesn’t have the slim black frame like the round one I’m taking back to John Lewis. Will keep looking later!

• minnie101
    2 years ago

😂

It’s annoying, I do like the Heal’s one as was looking myself although no idea where it was to go!

this is the only one I’ve found so far. Not sure if it fits though?

http://www.gallerydirect.co.uk/5059413406843?search=Hurston%20elipse

• LTS
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you I found the same one on a website called Olivia’s! It’s a lovely mirror I’m just not sure if 90cm tall will be too high...the floor is wet so I can’t check the height of the wall taps until tomorrow. I think they’re quite high as my husband is tall. I’ll let you know in the morning!

• minnie101
    2 years ago

It’s annoying as most of them are pretty skinny, fingers crossed it will work!

• LTS
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Morning minnie! I have added the mirror in a rectangle & an oval (there isn’t a capsule shape). Our taps are wall mounted taps & have placed the mirror 5 cm above which leaves 28cm from top of mirror to ceiling. What do you think?

• LTS
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Pics

• minnie101
    2 years ago

Afternoon 😊 So are these mock ups using the dimensions of the capsule mirror or looking at oval or oblong shapes instead?

• LTS
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Both mirrors are 90x60cm, I would still like a capsule mirror but there isn’t one to use on the software so used these shapes to get an idea. Thought the rectangle would be more imposing than a capsule to get an idea of what a capsule would look like :)

• minnie101
    2 years ago

Ok, I’m with you! Sorry I can’t photoshop so there’s some bad tiling!

• LTS
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I think I’m going to get the mirror. If it is too big I can put it elsewhere! Thanks minnie I love the shape.

• minnie101
    2 years ago

It looks great (and brownie points for not taking a selfie 😂).

is it all done and useable now?!

• LTS
    Original Author
    2 years ago

It’s nearly there just a few bits left to do...we need new wardrobes & carpet for our bedroom so will likely keep sleeping in the front room (we brought our bed down) until that’s finished. They’re doing the kids bedroom now & family bathroom.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.