firsthome1992

First home projects - save or loan?

firsthome1992
3 years ago

Hi Everyone, This is our first home. And wondering what your thoughts would be. We are currently saving to go ahead with multiple renovations, but my OH is impatient. The works we are saving for are:-

1) New bathroom - We currently have a sink, bath and seperate shower in main bathroom, then a seperate toilet in the ajoining room. we just want a big fancy shower and sink in the main bathroom. keeping them as seperate. OH wants to make it all 1 big room, but I like the idea of them seperated so someone can use the loo if another is in the shower. in total been quoted £4500

2) Rewire full house - Been quoted £3800

3) New Roof - been quoted £3400.

4) New boiler - not quoted yet

5) Windows - Not quoted yet

last on our list is New kitchen.

As i mentioned, my OH is impatient.

He wants to get a loan to do all apart from the kitchen. So as to get them all done straight away. Whereas I want to keep saving as get them done 1 by 1. What is everyone elses opinion?

Comments (20)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.