shilpa_badrinath6

Smart home automation

S Housemad
3 years ago

Hi,

We are renovating our house and will be re-wiring the whole house. Its small 3.5 bed house and would like to introduce some automation particularly for wifi/ data ports throughout. The dilemma we have is whether to hardwire the rest of the automation. As a minimum we want the ground floor lights, heating, sonos speakers and ring system to be managed via one place. We are getting confusing advise and a degree of upselling to use lutron system throughout and use of pico or control 4 panel. From reading up, I think google hive or apple home kits can achieve this automation hub and the hive panel and our phone can serve as the one stop shop to control these.

Has anyone got a hardwired automation system or a google hive/ homekit? What's your experience like? What are the limitations to these plug and play automation systems like google or apple?

Any advise will be really helpful!

My wishlist is for automation is:

- As you enter the house, the lights come on, being able to control lights on the ground floor via app/ipad

- Can control sonos speakers (independent ones not in ceiling) via app/ipad

- Be able to view who is at the door and connect to camera overseeing back garden

- Control heating thermostat

-Ensure internet data points available in multiple places in the house.

Thanks!

Comments (7)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.