webuser_680788901

Removal of load bearing walls

Natalie S
3 years ago

We have recently moved into a house in Sussex and looking to remove an internal load bearing wall, which is currently separating the kitchen and diner. As such, we require a site visit together with a full structural report with specs of beam and load, as well as the calculations. We are also looking at inserting some windows on the side of the house, as well as a window and a door in a freestanding garage on the property. I understand that we need to get building reg consent for removal of the internal wall. But can anybody advise if this would also be required for the doors and windows? Also, would a structural engineer need to do calcs on this too? Want to ensure that when I get an engineer out I get them to advise on all the parts that need doing....thx

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.