rennoproject

L shaped - kitchen diner living room

Do-er- Upper
3 years ago

So we are thinking of knocking three rooms together to form an open plan kitchen, diner, living room. The idea is to create a socialable space and whilst this wouldn't be our main lounge i'm keen to create the perfect space for entertaining!

We would be knocking through the dining kitchen, sitting room and dining room. We would be bricking up the space between the dining room and the room to the right of this which is a large separate lounge.

The yellow represents the external wall of the existing house everything else is an extension (the back is single story, the side is double story).

My issue is the L shape is almost the wrong way in the sense of where do you put each of the three sections as one would essentially become a walkway?

If this was your house what would you do?

I think the most logical thing from a flow perspective would be to make this square converting the garage but think taking a corner of the existing house out will prove very costly.

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.