scarlett_swallow23

Splitting a family bathroom into two?

Scarlett Swallow
3 years ago

Hi all,

We are extending the ground floor of our 4 bedroom Victorian semi. We currently have one bathroom, and no downstairs toilet. We desperately want a downstairs toilet and a second shower, somewhere.

Originally we were hoping to put a shower room and toilet into the downstairs extension, but we're really struggling to configure a layout that works due to shallow plumbing and the like. that doesn't seriously compromise the rest of the downstairs.

Trying to think of alternatives, and I wondered if it may be possible to split our family bathroom (floor plan below) into a smaller family bathroom, and make an ensuite for the second bedroom - which we use as the master?

Has anyone managed to split a bathroom like this successfully? Or is it a mad idea?

Thinking along the lines of this, with a pocket door from the bedroom to the ensuite. Please excuse the dodgy drawing.

Thanks

Scarlett

Comments (11)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.