michael_ung100

Orangery / flat roof external material - what's best?

Michael Ung
last modified: last month

I am building an orangery in the next few months. It measures 8.8m x 3.7m with a central glass roof lantern and a perimeter ceiling of approx 0.7m in width.

I am at the stage of selecting the external roofing material that will lie on top of the perimeter ceiling area. I have been looking at a variety of materials, from plastic, rubber to metal, and there seem to be pros and cons with each.

Would be very interested and grateful to hear from orangery (or flat roof building) owners or experts of their experiences and recommendations. The orangery is south facing so will endure direct sun and heat.

Thank you.

Comment