ljecrowe

Best layout for a walkthrough room

ljecrowe

Hello, please help with some inspiration for a middle room that is currently the kitchen but, with an extension we have planned to create a new kitchen diner, this room will become a playroom / office / snug (marked yellow).

It is a “walkthrough” room with 3 doorways; one from the living room, one to get to the bathroom / bedrooms (it’s a bungalow) and one to the utility room that has the back door. The room size is 4m x 4m, but with needing the walkway space between the 3 doors, the usable floor area reduces to 3m x 3m.

The original stone walls are half a meter thick, so keeping the doorway from the lounge in the same position seems the most sensible option. I have also drawn on the picture a w.c. to the new front entrance area (marked green).

Any thoughts on the most efficient layout would be much appreciated. Thank you!