helenbewick

Tree Help! Prunus Serrula?

Helen B
2 years ago

Hello! We’re thinking of a planting a multi stem Prunus serrula in our medium sized new build garden in the UK. We were thinking of ordering 2 but perhaps the second tree should be different to help with biodiversity. Any suggestions for a second tree?

Comments (2)

• Sonia
    2 years ago

They are beautiful trees but I think it depends on the size of your garden. You say medium size but measurements will help. Just that Prunus serrula’s grow to 10m high x 10m wide so pretty big. Sorbus (Rowan) is a nice companion if you have the room. They have white flowers in spring followed by berries in the autumn that the birds love. However, it too grows to about 10m.

• Carolina
    2 years ago

Amelanchier? I love mine, gorgeous when in flower, the birds love the berries and it has a lovely autumn colour

Here's a list of trees that you might like: https://www.gardenersworld.com/plants/20-trees-for-small-gardens/

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.