paul_daft

1950s exterior choices...

Paul D
2 years ago

Hi everyone, facing some difficult choices in how we finalise the designs for a big renovation project, and the exterior is the biggest dilemma.

We are extending out to the side, adding on another gable end to the right of the picture below. So we can use whatever material we like on the extension, but are still uncertain as to what to do with the rest of the (slightly ugly and poor quality) brickwork.

So we considered (and discussed with architects) various options, including stone facing the existing gable end (to match with a new stone gable end), or rendering the whole building (seems potentially a bit boring), partially or fully cedar cladding.

Given the investment in the house we are making, we want to find a finish that a) we like and b) feels like a premium finish that could carry a strong value for the property.

Any thoughts? Or suggestions as to what could help us make the decision?

Comments (12)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.