webuser_234902060

Luxe Alvic Kitchen cupboards anyone?

Confused Moments
3 years ago

Ever since I laid my eyes on these models, I wanted this. For past 6 months, all my renovation research were around this kitchen cupboards. Their marble effect/textured design cupboards were highly attractive. Fast-forward now, we have stacked up many changes that we haven't initially thought before, so we are close to exceed our initial budget. Now I am wondering, if I am only going for a cream glossy cupboard, with not too much texture, then do I really need Luxe, or should I compromise on it with regular High Gloss ones, which works few £££ cheaper. Though I am telling myself that I could let it go, I feel I might regret later as this was the first thing I decided. Anybody have Luxe kitchen, could share what do you feel about it? May be share pictures, if thats ok.. please..

Comments (4)

• Jonathan
    3 years ago

To be honest I’m not sure I understand what you are asking.
    Am I right in thinking that you like the textured doors and marble effects you have seen in a kitchen showroom but because of budget concerns you are now considering going for a plain gloss kitchen that you believe will be cheaper.

If that’s the case shop around other independents to see if it’s possible to achieve the look you like within budget. Some manufacturers will produce a look in only a high end door..... but another one will deliver it in a less expensive way. I recently bought a Leicht Kitchen and although I bought a smooth lacquered door noticed that the Concrete and Marble door choices were well priced

Confused Moments thanked Jonathan
  • Sonia
    3 years ago

Are you saying you have fallen in love with a Luxe Alvic kitchen, but it’s over your budget? By all means shop around (showrooms will soon be opening) but I think we’ve all fallen in love with things we cannot afford. If you can’t find something similar elsewhere, then it may be time to reset and look for an alternative. There may be something you like even more elsewhere! Don’t fall into the trap of, its got to be that one or nothing.

Confused Moments thanked Sonia
  • Confused Moments
    Original Author
    3 years ago

HI, Sorry mind been too muddled, couldn't frame the question clearly. Basically I wanted to know if Luxe Alvic has any benefits than basic high gloss cupboards, other than the texture and pretty designs?

Yes, waiting for the shops to reopen so I can look for more designs. Thanks for your responses. :)

• PRO
    Lifestyle Kitchens
    3 years ago

Alvic is an Italian laminate board supplier, with their Luxe gloss and metaldeco colours this is an mdf core with a lacquered laminate finish and their textured colours have a chipboard core and a syncronised melamine finish. These are all a 'cut and edged' door and shouldn't be overly expensive. We offer these as either a complete kitchen with our cabinets or as a door replacement. As its a cut and edged door it can be made to any size (up to the size of the original panel). Compared to a gloss painted and lacquered door (that are painted on the face and sides so you dont have the edging), if I was to choose between the 2 I'd opt for a painted and lacquered door. If you really like the textured effects then Alvic is one of the premium suppliers for synchronised boards, this is when the underlying embossed texture matches the colours in the top layer of the laminate creating the look and texture of stone, metal, wood etc. There's also other board suppliers who also supply similar products like XyloCleaf, Diplos, Swiss Krono. If you'd like further information please message me.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.