webuser_995989664

My cactus is wrinkling help!

Ashy
3 years ago

So I’ve had this echinopsis subudenta for about a year and last year it produced beautiful flowers. However in early Autumn it developed a few brown crust patches which I took off. After it started wrinkling from the bottom. So it’s survived and it’s now spring and it’s started to produce a bloom stalk so it must be healthy! I’m not sure if it is just a cosmetic issue or something more serious. I water it when the soil is completely dried out at the same time as my other plants and they are doing great. Advice will be much appreciated.

Comments (4)

• Ricky Watkins
    3 years ago

Needs more water soak it see if it can be revived.

• Ashy
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Apart from watering it more what else can I do to help it e.g. pot size, soil, pot material, sunlight.

• Sonia
    3 years ago

It’s thirsty! Here’s how to give it a good drink.

• Ashy
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you so much, I’m going to try that soon. Hopefully it will be back to it’s former glory soon!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.