webuser_16713319

Extension layout advice please

Ruth House
3 years ago

Hi hive mind,
here are our plans for our downstairs open plan kitchen extension and garage conversion to bathroom.
We're struggling to decide if placement of sliding doors, kitchen window and sky lights are good or need tweaking.....is there anything in particular we need to consider? Back of house is pretty much west facing so we get a lot of sun directly in the back in the afternoon and evening (I am a little concerned it will be too hot and am wondering if reducing to 3 sky lights would make any difference at all?)
a few points, the bi folds between living room. and open plan are not decided on yet...maybe wooden crittal style just opening of sliding (prob not bifold) and cupboard under stairs by front door (currently wc) will become large coat cupboard and utility storage (awkward bits like ironing board and hoover etc). We have small ish family bathroom which has no room for a bath as we want a walk in shower, hence bath downstairs (hoping to make this a real 'destination' luxury bathroom downstairs.
any helpful tips or ideas welcome? it's all pretty overwhelming and I'm nervous we're missing something or going to make a mistake.
Thank in advance.
Ruth

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.