webuser_657100985

Painting woes in satin

Bachu
3 years ago

I painted the woodwork in the house (internal door frames, skirting boards) about 12 years ago in gloss. This week I gave all that two coats of B&Qs 'GoodHome wood primer & undercoat' which took quite nicely and that I believe to be water based as itsays wash the brushes with warm soapy water. Today I tried to give the 'Goodhome Satin interior wood and & metal' paint a go and it just started to run and be very unsuable Reviews on line for it were bad I saw after trying it. I then bought some water based Homebase pure brilliant white satin for wood and metal and though it has taken a little better, it has still run a little. I am not used to satin and do not think I have used too much paint. When I bought the other paint I really tried to use as little as possible but it still ran a little. Please, any ideas on what I am doing wrong. I wanted to avoid gloss as I hate the cleaning process but feel I should just go out and buy a tin of that and try. Someone suggested sanding the wood but i did the undercoats as I loathe sanding and wanted to avoid that. Any advice would be most welcome.

Comments (11)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.