enrique_cornagomora

What do to with this concrete "bench"

Hi

We've recently bought a basement/garden flat in an Edwardian terrace which needs a complete renovation. On one of the rooms we have this "bench" made of concrete. We believe that similar rooms in the same street have the same structure, but others don't. It could be part of the support of the building, but we are not certain. This will be our guest bedroom/studio.

Ideally, we would remove it so that we layout of the room would be nice and clean. But this doesn't seem wise. Our builder says that the risk/cost might not be worth it.

So now we are struggling to decide what to do. We are getting a new floor in, new window and the rest of the room will get a bit of TLC. Probably underfloor heating (so no need to consider the radiator)

Our only idea is that we could get a custom made table/desk to be fitted on top of the structure. The downside is that it will need to be a bit wider than usual so opening the window might be a stretch.

Any other clever ideas?

PS: the sink is going of course!

Thanks!

Enrique

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.