aliblain

another awful conservatory. What would you do?

Alison Oliver
3 years ago

Hello all. We have a 70s bungalow which has an 80s carbuncle added. It’s a timber hexagon shaped conservatory and we need to do something about it as it’s leaking and also fairly unusable most of the year. We could renovate it ourselves, put a tiles roof on, paint it in the same colour we’ve painted the windows (anthracite) but it’s always going to be the wrong shape. We could replace it but would mean we have to delay renovating the bedrooms in the house. I just wonder if anyone has successfully modernised one of these eyesores.

What would you do with it? It’s on the south side of our house and it’s an awkward, stepped area. I have included an aerial photo of the house before the conservatory was added. We were thinking of making the raised beds smaller to give us more room for a patio- the crazy paving is in a bad state. All suggestions very gratefully received!

Comments (21)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.