alvaro_cristobalboyer

Madrid Floorplan distribution

Hi Houzz’ers!
I wanted your help and your creative minds to help me design the best possible distribution for a new apartment I just bought in Madrid. The space is 120sqm

1. The fist picture is the current distribution
  2. The 2nd picture is how I though ti change the distribution

What changes would you make? Would you close the kitchen with Crystal walls or would you have the kitchen completely open? And would you put the kitchen and dinning there and all the rooms in the back or would you change it?

Comments (3)

• Jonathan
    3 years ago

How you plan this depends on what is possible.

Do you know that you can remove the walls you have shown on your plan?

Also the plumbing is currently in one part of the apartment and you are planning on having a kitchen and bathroom elsewhere- are there addition drains you can use because I think you may be planning the kitchen and bathroom too far away from the original drains.

• rinked
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Like Jonathan mentioned, depends on which walls are loadbearing.

And since it is an apartment, plumbing will most likely need to stay where it is.

So first find out what walls could be removed without structural hazards (and if you have/can get permission to do so), then back to the drawingboard! ;)

But I understand your aim is a 2-bedroom apartment? What side gets the most sun? Window locations? Room sizes?

• rinked
    3 years ago

And safety regulations! Some countries have tons or building regulations. For example: Bedrooms should never enter into the kitchen (incl. open plan).

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.